Words of Affirmation Jar
Affirmation – emotional support or encouragement (dictionary.com)
I am sure most of you have heard of The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. Someone’s love language is how that person expresses and receives love. The five love languages are affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, and physical touch. We all need to know we are loved, especially in times of doubt and fear, even children
Click here for craft video or scroll for activity directions.
This Words of Affirmation Jar can be used as a gift for Mother’s Day, a kind gesture for a neighbor, a reminder of your love for your spouse, a source of encouragement for your children, or a reminder of your worth.
What is a Words of Affirmation Jar? It is a jar or container that contains a written affirmation for each day of the month.
- a glass jar, tin can, envelope, or any container to hold your affirmations in.
- paper: can include
- scrapbook paper
- construction paper
- white paper
- wrapping paper
- tissue paper
- old gift bags
- something to write and draw with: ink pen, crayons, markers, colored pencils
- ribbon, lace, twine
Steps to make your jar.
- Decorate your container
- Glass Jar – all you need are your written affirmations. You put pretty side toward the glass.
- Tin can
- use any type of paper to wrap can
- add ribbon, lace, twine
- draw a picture on the envelope (if it is not being mailed)
- add strips of ribbon or confetti inside to add color
- Make your written affirmations
- cut scrapbook paper, construction paper, wrapping paper, or drawings into strips
- on the side without picture write your affirmation
- If you only have white paper
- color one side of it
- cut into strips
- write affirmation on side with out color
- Write a little note explaining the purpose of the container
- Put Affirmations and explanation note into container
- Set affirmations on receivers front porch
- Mail envelope containing affirmations
*Other option. Write affirmations, take picture of affirmation, send text, repeat each day of month.