Primary Colors: Piet Mondrian Inspired Art
In this class, students will learn about primary colors. Students will learn about Piet Mondrian and his use of primary colors to create art.
Talk about primary colors, white, and black
Briefly discuss Piet Mondrian and visit several websites to view his work. https://www.piet-mondrian.org/ or https://www.guggenheim.org/artwork/artist/piet-mondrian or https://www.britannica.com/biography/Piet-Mondrian/Cubist-period-in-Paris.
Create a Mondrian inspired interactive collage out of felt.
Re-create collage with markers on paper
- Students will learn or review what the primary colors are.
- Students will learn or review shades white and black.
- Students will learn about Piet Mondrian
- Students will learn about collage
- Students will practice fine motor skills: cutting with scissors
- Students will that some art is interactive
- Students will learn to recreate art by drawing the collages they make.