My New Teacher and Me
Written by Al Yankovic Illustrated by Wes Hargis
This book is bright and funny. The main character Billy has a new teacher and is very excited to share his adventures with him. His new teacher does not appreciate Billy disrupting the class with his outrageous “tall tales”.
Wes Hargis’s illustrations put you right in the middle of Billy’s will adventures. You can’t help but smile as you scan the beautifully drawn, bright and happy pictures.
Preschool and Early Elementary: Tall Tale Storybook
1. Have the child tell you a story about an adventure they have been on.
2. Write it down as they tell you.
3. Cut any white paper in half and staple one side to create a book.
4. Write a few sentences of their story on each page of the book you made.
5. Let them illustrate using crayons, markers, colored pencil
Late Elementary: Comic Strip.
1.Create a comic strip one or more of your tall tales.
2. Visit the following website for simple directions on what to create your comic strip.
If you would like to purchase a copy of My New Teacher and Me visit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01765NBJ8/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
Outschool Story Time and Art
I am offering a story time and art club on Outschool.com. If you are interested in sharing stories and creating art with your children, check out my class here. I will read a new story each week and walk you through an art activity that goes along with that day’s book.